The dreaded kick board...or whatever it's called. I started to implement the new exercise/technique the the lifeguard and swim coach suggested I try. As usual, new exercises are harder than most people make them look! And it didn't help that my legs were still a little tired from last night's workout.
But there I was this morning. Woke up at 5:30, blindly put my clothes on, stumbled down the stairs, picked up my iphone to check the temperature outside and--what?!? It was really just 4:30. Double check. Yep. 4:30. Back upstairs, throw off the shoes and fight off the jeans. Crash back into bed to lay there awake for half an hour and to fall asleep just in time for the real 5:30. Back up. Stumble back downstairs. Scrape the windshield. Drive to the Y. Strip down. Get the kickboard and jump in the pool.
So there I was, holding the kickboard out in front of me, letting it support my arms and, to some extent, my upper body. Kicking furiously I began to motor across the pool. OK, maybe 'motor' is too strong of a word. More like slowly plow through the water like it's molasses is more accurate. Anyway, after three laps, my legs were burnt and I still had to do my normal workout.
The moral of the story is that I hope this kickboard stuff works because I certainly don't feel like Mr. Speedy while doing it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember the very first time I did kick drills....... I went backwards!!!!!!
Kickboard drills, something to avoid! I'd rather do one leg drills on the trainer. Well, maybe not. Good for you for getting done with it!
Post a Comment