Beside the condo complex in which I'm currently living there is a pond. Well--I guess you can call it a pond. It's a small body of water, but it was put there to help manage rainwater runoff.
But this story isn't about the pond. It's about Brigadier. Brigadier is our new friend who lives in the pond. Brigadier, or "Briggy" as we affectionately call him is a little beaver who has decided to take up residence in the little pond. He's very cute, and very small. He probably has a small, one room, beaver apartment since it's obviously his first home away from Mom and Dad. We'll see him swimming every now and then. He's cute; all you can see is a nose, two eyes and two little ears cruising across the top of the water. If he sees you, though, he'll disappear with a splash of his wide, little tail.
So far it appears that Briggy lives under a drooping tree on the side of the pond where people usually don't ditsurb him, though no part of the pond is particularly remote. He hasn't decided to dam the pond yet, which is probably one reason he's been allowed to live within the City limits. I'll be keeping an eye on Briggy. If he starts becoming a nuisance in the eyes of govenrment officials, I may try to relocate him to the wetlands out near the farm.
Stay tuned for updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment